Monday, December 20, 2004

Framing is DONE

OK...Now that the boards are all up and all the gaps under the boards are filled and that cardboard is covering all rough corners to prevent the plastic from tearing...I've started work on the plastic liner.

This year I decided to use double sided indoor/outdoor carpet tape in the middle of the seam and then duct tape the two flaps down. This is definitely the way to go. I made sure to wipe the plastic with turpentine to remove the oily film so the tape would stick better (I learned this from last year's disaster).

Once the tape was in place I pressed it together with a wallpaper seam roller which works perfect.

Now all I have to do is form the collar within the liner to go around the tree! YIKES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home